Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playing out

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3759

The coffee house went really well, had a few more new players. Next time we are going to set up a condensor mic so anyone that doesn't have a pick-up can gather around and play. This is definately a great place to get out and play, its very low key and low pressure. We are also looking for blue grass pickers to play at the Churches Fall Fest in November, I will have details shortly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3771

I went to the last two open mic nights at the Good shepherd church in Tequesta. Had a great time, great place to get chance to work with a mic, sound board guy, and stage lights, I found working with the stage lights kind of keeps the nerves in check because you can hardly see the audience. You can bring any kind of instruments and do any kind of music, last time we had a young lady playing a song on her clarinet and it sounded great. They,re hoping for some Bluegrass pickers to come out to play. So save the date, which is the 3rd Friday of the month in Tequesta, fl.B)
  • oscar
  • Junior Boarder

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3785

Thanks for coming to the Coffee House in Tequesta the past 2 months Steve, now we just need to get some Banjo's and Mandolins to show up... We have a Grand Piano so if anyone wants to come play their Barry Manilow covers...

Re:Playing out 13 years 6 months ago #4033

Our next coffee house night in Tequesta is October 15th, we'll have a German themed potluck diner for Oktoberfest....A great family friendly event... dinner starts at 6pm... all ages jam from 6 to 7:30 then open mic starts 7:30/8... and goes until we're done (or the cops show up).

Money raised goes towards a youth music program we are starting at the Church.

This month we are also going to be collecting guitar/mandolin/banjo strings, picks and any other music related items that can be added to a care package the Board of Realtors is putting together to send to the Platoon of one of our local Brokers grandsons... they (soldiers) specifically requested the music related items...

more info at wwww.goodsheponline.com/coffeehouse.html

There is also an opportunity to come and pick at the Churches fall fest on November 6th, we will have a tent set up and anyone can come and sit in and play between 10 and 4pm.

Come and just have fun....

Re:Playing out 13 years 6 months ago #4069

If ericpariseleti is a member of the bluegrass class, see my husband at class on Wed. and he will have some items to donate. Just ask the Fretmentor who he is. If not, contact me thru email, and I will find a way to get some things to you.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Playing out 13 years 6 months ago #4099

I wil be there tonight... thanks in advance for the donations.
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds