Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Local Music?

Local Music? 13 years 2 months ago #4948

any suggestions on where to go to hear live music around here? Small clubs only.
I've been to BB Kings at City Place 2 times in the last 6 months and the house band is, I think, spectacular - great guitarist, bassist, drummer, 3 piece horn section and vocalist, as well as keyboard and drummer. I've heard good things about The Orange Door in Lake Park, have planned on going 2 times but each time did not make it. The Tiki in Riviera has good bands too as does Square Grouper.
  • villageac
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Local Music? 13 years 2 months ago #4952

I don't have any suggestions, but I would certainly be interested in any and all recommendations that came over the forum.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:Local Music? 13 years 2 months ago #4955

Orange Door
Chef John's in Jupiter
Bamboo Room in Lake Worth reopening this month. Great venue. Let's go!
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Local Music? 13 years 2 months ago #4956

The Bamboo room is opening back up in Lake Worth on 2/17. They had to close because of the economy. They smoked in there when I went a long time ago and that was a bummer.

Here's the link: www.bamboorm.com/

The first three Shows coming up are:

Dave Shelley
Thursday 2/17 Doors @ 7:00 Show @ 8:30 $10.00 ticket
Powerful blues rock guitar. Soulful testifying vocals. Heartfelt original songwriting.

JJ Grey – Special Solo Acoustic Performance then late night with Iko-Iko
Friday 2/18 Doors @ 7:00 Show @ 9:00 $22.00 ticket
JJ Grey Singing with a passion and fervor directly influenced by the classic soul heroes, JJ Grey has written and recorded five albums of original songs steeped in the rhythm & blues, rock, and country soul of his native backwoods home outside Jacksonville, Florida.

Iko-Iko Award-winning "soulful swampadelic" Americana/Rock, Iko-Iko is about great songs and performances. With 5 CDs & devoted fans, Graham Drout's songs are covered by artists of various styles.

Blues Dragon
Saturday 2/19 Doors @ 7:00 Show @ 9:00 $10.00 ticket

The members of Blues Dragon have been a constant on the South Florida music scene for over a decade. A real home grown find, their musical associations with each other go back over ten years.
  • rgokeefe

Re:Local Music? 13 years 2 months ago #4957

Tickets for opening (or reopening) night were not available last week, evidently sold out.

I've been there a bunch of times, always a great show and great environment. Very happy it's reopening.

Since it is a bar and does not serve food, smoking is still legal in there and allowed under Florida law. I have gone there and had a cigar on the outdoor terrace, fun times.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by edbird.

Re:Local Music? 13 years 1 month ago #5082

I was watching the public channel on television a few days ago. The singer held the mic close to her mouth while singing and then swirling the mic behind her back, then the band stopped playing, I assume swirling the mic behind her back was the signal for the band to end the song.
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds