Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: American Bluegrass Masters

American Bluegrass Masters 14 years 1 month ago #2812

The American Bluegrass Masters appearing at the Lyric Theatre in Stuart, FL on Saturday was a real joy. The show featured instructors from the Kentucky School of Bluegrass and Traditional Music., Bobby Osborne and the Rocky Mountain X-Press and JD Crowe and the New South. Curtis Burch on the Resophonic Guitar was also featured and was a real treat.

The music was great and seeing icons preform was really something special.

For those of you who could have been there.....What were you thinking!!! talking to the preformers and enjoying the music was great and it was unusual for them to make an appearence in S Florida. Personally I am not a big fan of the high bluegrass singing but the musicianship was wonderful.
  • brilind
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:American Bluegrass Masters 14 years 1 month ago #2826

Hi Brian. Were you at the second show? I saw the first. I agree.. it was a real treat! I especially went to see JD Crowe, and I wasn't diappointed. Bobby Osborne sounds just like he did on his records too. I love the vocal harmonies but just didn't care for the slower tunes/gospel songs. Crowe rocked Flint Hill Special and Old Home Place. That was the highlight for me. He still plays all those neat up the neck riffs in his backup that he makes look and sound like a piece of cake but are actually quite complex for banjo.

Dean Osborne was good on the banjo; I guess he is a cousin. His guitar player was really ham-fisted though IMHO. :dry:
  • OutlawSteph
  • Junior Boarder

Re:American Bluegrass Masters 12 years 5 months ago #6215

I watched the program on tv with Steve Martin, "give me the banjo" it was very good. I did not know Steve Martin played the banjo, he did very well. It was very interesting to hear, how the banjo got started in America.
Sparks
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds