Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Concert review: Jackson Browne

Concert review: Jackson Browne 12 years 11 months ago #5396

Saw some fine picking and playing (and singing and piano) last night at the Broward Center in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Jackson Browne took us on a journey through several decades of his songs. No band, this was a solo show. Jackson, a piano, and a rack of 17 guitars he chose from for each guitar tune. At 64, he is certainly not going to "Take It Easy" as playing a solo show for almost three hours is a tough gig. He seemed to like it, though, and told some nice stories to introduce many of the tunes. Some great guitar playing, on a lot of sweet sounding guitars,to accompany his voice, sometimes he sounded like he was harmonizing with the guitar....great stuff. I think he use a pick and fingerstyle depending on the song. His voice is virtually unchanged, very strong and tuneful, as is his appearance. Yes, he did play "Take It Easy" at the end of the show and, naturally, became a giant sing-along with the very happy audience. He did play a bunch of tunes I didn't know, but also hit a lot of the stuff I (and all of us) know so well. The Pretender, Doctor My Eyes, For A Dancer, Before the Deluge, Fountain of Sorrow, Somebody's Baby, Rosie, Running on Empty, etc.....
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 12 years 11 months ago by edbird.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Concert review: Jackson Browne 12 years 11 months ago #5397

Did he play "My Stunning Mystery Companion"? That's my new fav of his. Heard it for the first time, recently.
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Concert review: Jackson Browne 12 years 11 months ago #5398

No, but it sure is a great tune. I listened to it last night for the first time.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds