Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Practice in different places

Practice in different places 14 years 1 week ago #2785

I,ve found that when I practice in the same chair or in the same room every time, I'll hit a plateau occasionally. To break that, I'll go to a different place in my house to practice. It can bring a whole new accoustical experience and is quite motivating. If you have an outside place like a patio/ porch/ balcony, try it! Playing in the bathroom has actually helped me to play softer. Now, I need to find the room that'll help me hit the right strings!:laugh:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Practice in different places 14 years 1 week ago #2794

Great idea! Bathroom is excellent for singing also.
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Practice in different places 14 years 1 week ago #2799

Yeah, singing in the bathroom is classic stuff... and you know what?... we do it because we like to sing and in case you sound bad the shower can be an excuse. You can still laugh about it because you dropped the soap or, you got water in your mouth. Well... bring that to class. What is more refreshing? Music is in the air!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Practice in different places 14 years 1 week ago #2801

When I was in college (yes, we had electricity) my good friend played blues harmonica in a blues band (he still does, sometimes at the clubs in Ft. Lauderdale on the beach). My dorm had an incredible stairway that had amazing acoustics. He used to drive down to the Bronx and show up at my dorm at all times of the day and night to play his harp. My room was near the stairway and I knew when he came to visit, I could hear that harp echoing up and down the stairway. Great memory!
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Practice in different places 14 years 5 days ago #2831

I do most of my practicing in the "music room" but it is inspiring to move around. The change in atmosphere does work.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Practice in different places 14 years 4 days ago #2838

Sometimes I practice the songs while walking around the house. How weird is that? I'll even try to keep on playing while responding to my teenage daughter's whining, and my wife giving me action items. The thing is, though, if my playing can become automatic enough to play through all this, then playing that same song while sitting in one place becomes that much easier. Next I'm going to try running, playing guitar, text messaging, and chewing gum, all at the same time. (always gotta push the envelope)
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds