Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Les Paul

Les Paul 14 years 7 months ago #1658

Watching the news this evening I saw where Les Paul had passed away. I didn't know much about him as this "musical aspect of my life" is very new but I wish I had "known" him sooner. I did know that Gibson had an electric guitar with his name, but I didn't know that he came up with the idea of an electric guitar. He received so many awards...and is a member of every musical hall of fame there is...Many of the musicians that I grew up listening to had him as their inspiration. I liked the interview they showed, I liked him, I liked what he had to say...."he just did what he did the best way he knew how"....May he be making beautiful music in musical Heaven...I will now look him up to find out more about him.
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Les Paul 14 years 7 months ago #1662

I just heard the news while tuned in to 91.3 WLRN on their "Evening Jazz" program.....I was in the car and had the radio on. I wasn't aware of the news, but they were playing some fantastic tunes that sounded familiar, but not the mainstream tunes Paul was well known for, but I thought to myself what incredible guitar playing.....and thought it sounded a lot like Les Paul, with shades of Django Reinhardt.
When the music stopped the announcer said it was Les Paul, who passed away today at age 92.....alas, the end of another era and of course the man who started it (electric) all. Another musical genius.
The tunes they played where really amazing; if you want to hear them you can probably log on to WLRN.org and go to the
Evening Jazz program and at some point they will probably have the program repeated. It's worth listening to.
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Les Paul 14 years 7 months ago #1664

If you are interesting in learning a little more about Les Paul, please go see my memorial tribute to Les at Fretmentor's Blog. I invite you to add your comments to the blog.

here's the link:

blogs.fretmentor.com/
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:Les Paul 14 years 7 months ago #1677

I read the blog last night and commented on it.

Thanks for the "Chasing Sound" video; it makes me feel ashamed for all of my complaints about why I can't play the guitar.....especially that my fingers are so stiff and they don't move fast enough or stretch enough.
Les Paul is an inspiration and a very remarkable person.

Thank you for the tribute and for the inspiration.
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds