Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adult Guitar - Class #3

Adult Guitar - Class #3 1 week 5 days ago #9439

Hello Everyone

Here is a summary of Week 3 adult guitar class:

1. A brief review of the musical alphabet and how to read the tab and chord charts were discussed

2. The major scale and its importance to playing your instruments was demonstrated. Each student played the scale forward and backward on the guitar

3 Using the major scale, I demonstrated how to play a simple melody line, using "When The Saints Go Marching In" as an example.

Here is how to play the first part of the melody up the string

Key of C (using a C major scale)

5th string - Oh When The Saints, Go Marching IN, Oh When The Saints,
Fret: 3rd, 7th, 8th 9th (repeat three more times

While I asked you to print out Silent Night and Simple Gifts,. please be aware that Simple Gifts is on the the fretmentor website only. You can find it in the store but will need to download the Tefview Free program. I will explain this more next week. NOTE: you will find Simple Gifts under MY INSTRUMENT / GUITAR STUDIO / FRETMENTOR TEACHES GUITAR SONGS. Also, it is located in the Store / Library/ Scroll down to Simple Gifts folder. The library version is in Tef format and you will need the free Tefview program to read and view it. I will explain this at the next class.

4. I explained chord charts and asked that you be prepared to play the following five major chords

C, A , G , E and D

Here are some questions you can address by replying to this post:

1. What is the musical alphabet?

2. What notes in the musical alphabet has no sharps or flats between them?

3. What is a major scale and how do we use it?

4. What is a major chord and where does it come from?

5. What is a melody line?

6. What is an interval and what are the four ways of describing it in relation to playing notes up a string?

Homework

1. Print out Simple Gifts (See NOTE above in this thread) and Silent Night (which is on the CD) and bring these to class..

2. Complete all scale charts and observe the Play I, IV V scale notes & chord progressions for each Key

3. Using the alphabet, print out your blank fingerboard chart and complete it alphabetically.

4. Print the left hand technique file from your disk and bring it to class. We will review technique at the next class.

5. Print out the strum lesson in the technique section. We will address strumming next week as well

POST ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS BELOW
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 33
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds