Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rock & Blues Class #1

Rock & Blues Class #1 1 week 3 days ago #9491

Hello Everyone

We have held our first class of Rock & Blues. Since all students are guitar players, we will focus on Rock and Blues guitar.

In Week #1 we had a general discussion on major scales. This will be addressed in more detail with an emphasis on minor scales, and pentatonic scales in both major and minor.

We discussed the musical alphabet and what defines a major scale

I also talked about the I, IV and V in relationship to 12 Bar Blues. The class played individual target root notes and counted 12 Bar Blues in one Key.

See the link in this section to download the Tefview program. Once you are authorized for the materials, you will be able to download them from the Library section (See the Store Tab above for the drop down menu). You will sign in and download all the sections under Playing The Blues.

Questions:?

What is a major scale?

What is 12 Bar Blues and how is it charted using a numbering system?,

How does the I, IV V relate to blues and rock music?

You should complete all of your scale templates at this time. Next, print out the song "Matchbox Blues" and be prepared to work on this in Week 2

FM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rock & Blues Class #1 1 week 18 hours ago #9494

I followed the instructions ....went to Store/Library/Playing the Blues It does not provide any link to Matchbox Blues or any other song. What am I missing?
  • fre8las
  • Fresh Boarder

Rock & Blues Class #1 6 days 2 hours ago #9495

The blues program is on the CD you picked up in class. All the songs and the matchbox rhythm are on the CD as well. The matchbox blues shuffle is not in the song section but is in the Guitar Section/ Rhythm section of the CD or the Tef version.

The Tef version of the Blues Program is in the fretmentor library. You will find various folders for the program that can be downloaded, however, you must first receive authorization from me to download them. All those who have paid for the CD get the Tef version upon request.

FM
B)
  • Administrator
Last Edit: 6 days 2 hours ago by Administrator.

Rock & Blues Class #1 6 days 2 hours ago #9496

I found "Matchbox Blues" by going to the library, then selecting "Songs - Playing the Blues" and then selecting "download" on the next page. Inside that zip file are 4 versions of the song, including a guitar version.
  • vkenney
  • Fresh Boarder

Rock & Blues Class #1 6 days 1 hour ago #9497

Yes .. that is the song and there is also a Matchbox Shuffle in the Rhythm section of the CD or on the Tef view program online. You use the version for your particular instrument.
  • Administrator

Rock & Blues Class #1 4 days 22 hours ago #9498

Their are absolutely no links under store/library/ 'playing the blues'/songs/ and there is no "next page' to go to as was suggested. i have tefview and the blues song available is not Matchbox. There is no tef version on the disk. Very frustrating.
  • fre8las
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds