Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions about the Silent Night Tab

Questions about the Silent Night Tab 10 years 4 months ago #7447

1. What is the significance of the line that connects at two chords or notes together at the bottom?

2. The second and third notes in the first bar are connected with a curved line with an "H" over it. Is this a hammer-on or something else?

3. In the fourth measure, two notes are connected with a curved line with a "Po" over it. Is this a pull-off or something else?

4. Throughout the music the first thru third strings are played 3-0-0 and 2-3-2. There are also patterns on the first and second strings of 3-0 and 2-3. I do not recognize these are chord patterns. Are they?

5. Above the bars there are letters - G, D, G, C, G? I assume they are chords but they do not show in the tab. What is their significance?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Questions about the Silent Night Tab 10 years 4 months ago #7449

SEE ANSWERS BELOW

1. What is the significance of the line that connects at two chords or notes together at the bottom?

I am not sure what you are asking here.

2. The second and third notes in the first bar are connected with a curved line with an "H" over it. Is this a hammer-on or something else?

H with the line means Hammer On

3. In the fourth measure, two notes are connected with a curved line with a "Po" over it. Is this a pull-off or something else?

PO .. means Pull Off

4. Throughout the music the first thru third strings are played 3-0-0 and 2-3-2. There are also patterns on the first and second strings of 3-0 and 2-3. I do not recognize these are chord patterns. Are they?

three digits are a down strum in the perspective chord and two digits are an up strum

5. Above the bars there are letters - G, D, G, C, G? I assume they are chords but they do not show in the tab. What is their significance?

You are correct... these are the chords. This song can be played with the chords and a second guitar can also play the chords with a simple strum
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:Questions about the Silent Night Tab 10 years 4 months ago #7450

"1. What is the significance of the line that connects at two chords or notes together at the bottom?

I am not sure what you are asking here."

In the second bar of the tab, the first note (D) stands by itself. The second "note" is the three note down strum followed by another D note. The down strum symbol and the second D note symbol (on the tab not the staff) are connected at the bottom. I was asking what is the significance of the connection.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds