Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl

Re:RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl 12 years 6 months ago #6128

Sorry Pinky - didn't revisit this page for awhile. Riverhawk is held at the Sertoma Youth Ranch. It's about 3 hrs. northwest of Jupiter, across the state to west of Orlando, and NE of Tampa. Incidentially, there is a call for more volunteers. YOU GET FREE ENTRY FOR THE ENTIRE FESTIVAL IF YOU VOLUNTEER FOR two 5-hr shifts.

Any qs plse let me know - I'll answer right away!
  • MMandy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl 12 years 6 months ago #6129

Also, the website is lindentertainment. It isn't the easiest site to get around - stick to the icons in the middle of the page.
  • MMandy

Re:RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl 12 years 6 months ago #6130

Geez - I thought I answered you! I really cannot say because we always camp in the same area, which is in the wooded area either the 2nd or third dirt rd to the left after entering the ground. When you enter the campground it's flat and open - seem to be more families there, and up the little hills you can go pretty far to find a mas or menos secluded spot. Hope you're still planning on going because it's such fun, good music, and if you VOLUNTEER, it's free!
  • MMandy

Re:RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl 12 years 5 months ago #6271

Only 4 players showed up for the "beginner's jam" at Riverhawk and lo & behold there's Tim! Tim the Banjo player from the class! A broader range of music styles this year than ever. Lots of "Floridiana" singer/ songwriters (Pete Seeger genre!) And then there were the Wholetones - 4 very talented young guys from Goodland, FLA with a wonderfully creative sound & style - I'll say quasi bluegrass, punk, slavic... from 10 year old little girls to 70 year old geezers lined up to buy their CDs afterwards.... And Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys - down home cajun, mesmerizing beat (b/c the fiddle & melodeon are so close...) great players fiddle & melodeon players studied under the same teacher (can't remember his name). Anyway..
  • MMandy

Re:RIVERHAWK Festival, Brooksville, Fl 12 years 5 months ago #6276

Sorry I couldn't get there ,Mandy. I hope next time.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds