Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 2 months ago #6535

This is a great duet....for the ages..JT's first time on TV in 1971.

And if you want the rest

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 month ago #6541

Just noticed this thread, so here's my current favorite. Music and dance. Hornpipe Scottish Dance:
  • MMandy

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 month ago #6554

Not bluegrass, not even really a guitar song, but....it's a fantastic newer version of the #1 song of 1967 across the pond and one of the greatest rock/pop songs ever.....by the original, the great Gary Brooker. I was privileged to see this band in about 1970.. wow is all I can say.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 month ago #6559

Have a seat, make this full screen and turn up the volume. Pour a glass of wine or whatever. And hang on for 25 minutes. This was voted in several public and industry polls as the greatest live set in rock history. It would be hard to argue. If you are a rock fan this is history. Watch the audience. That anyone can make 80,000 people in a stadium do what they do here is just mind boggling. I have never seen a crowd like this before or since.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 month ago #6560

One more for the week. Very nice cover of the classic old Robert Johnson tune. This is someone's home made video from last night at the Beacon Theater, evidently. And there is even a banjo in there.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 12 years 1 month ago #6589

This week I get more personal. Local music video today.

At a blues festival in Margate last month, the Joey Gilmore Band has a guest sit in for a spontaneous jam.

The harmonica wizard, Scotty, is a lifelong (almost) friend of mine, well since we were 14 or 15..that's 43 years. He has been chronically ill for a number of years but comes back to S Florida to visit regularly from Montana, and sits in with his old band. If he can get up there and play while ill, well there's a lesson for all of us who whine about little things, myself included.

All the things that FM teaches in the BG class are here: Communication with the band with eye and hand signals and verbal commands, call and answer with guitar and sax, filling in the spaces and leaving some, keeping steady rhythm through all the ups and downs.. a lesson in how to jam and make it sound great.

• edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 12 years 1 month ago by edbird.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds