Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3464

Watch this. Keep watching, even when you know you hate them...even when they play instruments behind their heads....even when they play eachother's fiddles. SHOW-OFFS!!!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3467

Mompodell, next time you are in town we can try practicing playing on each other's fiddle...and maybe Buzzart would like to join us with his Bass.....Let me know....so I can get more insurance....I know I'll be poking someone's eye out!!! (not on purpose :P )
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3469

Oh Tigerpaws - You crack me up!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3485

LOVE THAT
  • jim
  • Senior Boarder
  • jim bennett

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3502

re Allison Krauss & "Man of Constant Sorrow"
from the movie 'O Brother, Where art Thou"

Listened to that great video clip (link from page 7) & I thought it really sounded like the original soundtrack. Then I realized it was Dan Tyminski from Union Station who did the original voiceover for George Clooney. What a great movie & also what a great soundtrack.

For those of you who aren't familiar - the original "Man of Constant Sorrow" is a traditional American folk song - I originally heard it in the 60's when folk music was in!! - The original is much slower and more melancholy - in fact if you own the movie soundtrack - the original verison is also on there - played as a slow & sad fiddle tune by, Allison Krauss, I believe. But I love the new jazzed up version too - what a contrast!

The original version- as I understand it - was sung by Dick Burnett in 1913 - a partially blind fiddler from Kentucky ( which is why -he's goin' back -in the song). It's uncertain whether he is is the original author - although he changed it somewhat - the song may be 200-300 years old. In any case - it's come a long way!!
  • ponhook_pickers

Re:Post Your Favorite Music/Video Clips 13 years 10 months ago #3533

I saw him on the Don Imus show when he was on in the mornings on MSNBC until a few years ago, when he (Imus)behaved very politically incorrect. Anyway, he is a great fan of bluegrass, blues and country. He always had a lot of performers on live in the studio, it was pretty cool. Anyway Levon was great....yes, he's been around a while.
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds