Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Practicing slowly

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2713

I like to break songs down,a measure at a time. When I can play one or two measures correctly, I add another. Also, try this working backwards from the end of the song. It really helps me.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2716

Yup - I am also a fan of slowwwww. I've been using this music software -- theamazingslowdowner (no its not sold by RONCO) and most times I have to start out learning a song at 50% speed or even slower. Then I speed it up as a get better and more confident. But usually on wednesday nights we end up playing faster than I can handle. Sometimes its my own fault because I start out the song too fast. Need to work on that.......
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2717

Paul, where did you get that software? I've heard you speak of it before, and how does it work? Would love to learn Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover. If you know that song, then you'll agree we have to slow it way down!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2736

I love the slow downer. Just google Amazing Slow Downer and download the demo version. You will like it. Changes tempo without changing pitch. To activate it to the full version you have to pay them about $30 or so. Well worth it. Flexible and easy to use. And will do short loops. It will also transpose into other keys keeping the same tempo. And you can adjust pitch by cents to match your instrument if an original recording is off pitch (as many 60's and 70's recordings are).
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by edbird.

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2746

Cliffs of Dover???? Holy smokes, you are setting your sights high. It is a cool song, though. My daughter can play it (on guitar-hero, that is).

Ed's right, just google the slowdowner, its provided by an outfit called roni music, best $30 I ever spent (on guitar stuff, that is).....then we'll want to hear you play you play a cliffs of dover solo for us.....
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Practicing slowly 14 years 1 month ago #2784

I'm fine with playing at slow time. It's keeping others to stay slow that I struggle with. Eye contact comes in play when that occurs. Let's keep looking at each other with that in mind. Eye contact is not only for who's taking the next lead.:dry:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds