Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last One To Know?

Re:Last One To Know? 13 years 8 months ago #3716

You're not alone. It seems like my left hand is starting to get the hang of fretting the correct strings - but my right hand is all over the place. Where I run into the most trouble is when I have to pick (keeping my pinky anchored) then strum (can't do this with the pinky anchored) and then I wind up out of position and miss the correct string alot. I am going to try this thing about concentrating on keeping the pick above the string I'm after. Maybe that will work!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Last One To Know? 13 years 8 months ago #3718

Playing the G scale starting on the third fret 6th string using an open pattern scale and ending on the third fret 1st string has really helped me with my picking hand. I play it every time I pick up my gitty-up...before I practice and ending a practice (I can play it a lot easier and faster than I used to for whatever it's worth). I'll have to say it helps to improve my picking hand. I'm starting to work on the other scales, mainly A, E, D, and C but, the G scale really has me motivated:woohoo:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Last One To Know? 13 years 8 months ago #3721

As should have been clear from my debacle last week with I'll Fly Away during class, I have similar issues with getting out of position when I'm playing a song, especially one with chords as well. Plus, I also get nervous and that makes me do all kinds of things and next thing I know I'm playing way off from what the lead is supposed to sound like. What I'm trying to do is practice through this and not beat myself up about it.

Re:Last One To Know? 13 years 8 months ago #3730

I think I'll try that scale thing, sounds like that lets you practice cross picking right away instead of trying to come up with a song to play that has all the right moves, plus as you say it warms you up.
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds