Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tempo (speed)

Re:Tempo (speed) 13 years 4 weeks ago #5150

Uwe also suggested that we only play a note or a few notes in the time it takes to blink our eyes. He said our mind resets after every blink which is about 10-15 times per minute. So we should be able to remember a note or 2 if we only do it in these small compartments of time.
  • Jay
  • Junior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tempo (speed) 13 years 4 weeks ago #5156

That was pretty interesting wasn't it. I haven't tried yet but I'm going to. All those little tidbits of information. I hope I can remember most of them.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Tempo (speed) 13 years 3 weeks ago #5164

I set my metronome for 30-40 BPM. This is excruciatingly slow, and if i make a mistake, i start the measure over. If i play the measure clean, then i add 10. This is when i do faithfully practice of course.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Tempo (speed) 13 years 2 weeks ago #5199

I have struggled with trying to play faster than my ability, But after years of practicing I am becoming comfortable at practicing slow, like 60 BPM. As a matter of fact I almost asked to slow down one of the songs in class but did not; that too, will take practice
  • martinezg
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Tempo (speed) 13 years 2 weeks ago #5207

I have the same problem. When Fretmentor says slow - I do slow it down but still make a ton of mistakes. Fretmentor says slow again and again. I have finally realized that slow does mean go at a "crawl" until it you get the right notes even though it is so agonizingly slow that is easy to see that it is not even close to how the song should be played. That being said it is the only way to learn and to utimatley keep up in a group playing rhythm. Still learning - painfully - but making progress.
  • Jay
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds