Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recording Our Class

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1699

Recording yourself is morifying. However, it is necessary. Should be video and audio. The video will be great to see that the angle I hold the banjo is too high, my fingers raise too much and I have to do something about that goofy look when I play. Boy, am I looking forward to this.
  • brilind
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1700

I can personnally do without the vocals. I think this is not a jam but an instrumental workshop. Having said that, if it makes someone happy.............sing on.
  • brilind

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1718

Well it was mentioned in class again and I'm looking forward to it. It's got to help right?
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1730

I don't see much value in doing audio only. It should be audio and video. I'm just not sure how to accomodate those who don't support video. I guess Dave could be the controller, and put it in the forum as read only, that way it can't be snatched and sent to you tube, like he did with our profiles in the member's area, for us to access only.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1734

This recording business as well as group rating efforts is a two-edged sword, both for the individual player, and the health of the class as a whole in my opinion. This group is very diverse in each person's expectations and willingness to put their nose to the grindstone in learning at a faster rate, I mean it seems to be all over the board, which is OK to me. What might need to be kept in mind is that some people may use this class as an outlet from a very stressed "day job" environment, or may see it as the perfect time to broaden their experiences after retirement, and aren't interested in being brought up to the level of being able to join a jam group and rock along, they just want to enjoy themselves and relax. I wouldn't like anyone in our group to be so uncomfortable that they don't feel like coming back, so I think we should be very careful with any pressure to record, not record, rate, or not rate others. Just my opinion.
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Recording Our Class 14 years 7 months ago #1742

Some of your points are well taken, Hogapaws (is that another way of saying PIGSFEET?)
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds