Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: new stuff

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3804

"Under the Double Eagle" is not my most favorite song. Maybe that's because it always reminds me of October Fests with the German (Austrian) brass bands with the tuba doing umpas. However, maybe it was the hangovers from all the beer and kraut.

The good part is that the song is a bit of a challenge to learn.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3811

I was playing the tef format of the banjo tablature of Wildwood Flower parcticing with the correction of the extra measure of the C after the G in the 1st part, but then when I play with the music accompanyment of the downlaod it seems that measure is missing. Am I playing the tab wrong or does the music portion need correcting?
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3812

Stick with the new Tef format version of Wildwood Flower. The prior recording is subject to revision and will be uploaded in the near future.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3813

Thanks for the answer. When it comes to music I doubt my ability to read music, play the music I read, or even read tablature. Thanks to Fretmentor, things seem to get accurate. That's important for people like me. The tef lessons are the greatest tool I've found yet. The computer is precise. In other words what I was saying above is things for playing music don't come naturally for me. Thanks, Fretmentor
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3815

The new software is really great to play along with, I am just looking for more time to use it...

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3819

Check out this video of the Kruger Brothers playing "Wildwood Flower" lots of transitional chords as FM is fond of talking about. This is an object lesson in these chords. And a modulation snuck in there, too. Also, what is that strange instrument Jens is playing?

>
>

www.youtube.com/v/zpY0ekvH2Rc?fs=1&hl=en_US
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by edbird.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds