Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: new stuff

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3820

I like a LOT about the new TEF files, but if I had to choose one element...it would be that after I learn the lead with the mandolin...I can go back and play it with the guitar melody....or play the mandolin melody with a guitar or bango lead...this helps me with my weakest point...which is timing with others.
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:new stuff 13 years 7 months ago #3835

Edbird - Good Kruger Bros music clip. What was that strange instrument Jens was playing. Must be the new all wood banjo.

Just talked to friends in Greensboro, NC that went to a Kruger Bros House Concert (about 60 people in the audience)in Durham on Friday night. They said it was magnificent. Also the Krugers talked a lot about their upcoming Concerto performance in Asheville. I believe in October.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:new stuff 13 years 6 months ago #3884

Still working on the new material. I've been working Under the Double Eagle for weeks, but lately I started working on Loch Lomond. It's a really pretty song and actually not all that hard to get started on.

Has anyone else started on that one?

Re:new stuff 13 years 6 months ago #3888

I started Lock Lomond a couple of weeks ago and you're right, it is not that hard. I had the chords down (mostly) before my vacation last week and was moving through the melody a measure at a time. But I seem to have forgotten almost all I learned in my time off, so it's back to practice, practice, practice again. :)

Re:new stuff 13 years 6 months ago #3889

But it'll come back really fast....you'll see....been there! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:new stuff 13 years 6 months ago #3892

Speakn of new stuff... anyone got their beginnings and endings down yet?...the key of G? Teach was pretty adamant about that last week (practicing runs). I've run so many different places I'll forget 'em all and choke:blush: . Seems to open up a lot of ideas though (just more to forget:unsure:). Experimenting with different runs really opens up the 'ol direction when playn our awesome music... viva la bluegrassB) !!!!!!!!!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds