Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Strings

Re:Strings 12 years 4 months ago #6343

I am still trying out different guitar strings to find out what suits me best. But so far D'Addarios mediums seem to give me the best tone.
Sparks
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Strings 12 years 4 months ago #6352

I tried the Elixers on my Gibson and did NOT like them - both sound and feel. I just switched to Ernie Ball Earthwoods and like them much better.

Re:Strings 12 years 3 months ago #6409

I was using Martin SP mediums, i just changed to Elixir custom lights. I'm curious if they will last longer, they seem to intonate well. Time will tell, i was curious about the coated strings. Usually when they lose their gold look, i'll replace them. (2-3 months) I changed the church's guitar to Elixirs, and they hold their tune well, and it sounds fat, and it's a cheap Fender. (my worship leader noticed the difference) I had to back off on the pre-amp alittle. They seem easier on the fingers, not that i don't mind the callouses.
The degradation roll off on the Martin strings was so subtle i didn't really notice they were flat until i heard the tone from new ones. It still sounds fat in the low end with the lighter strings, but it isn't a huge jump in tension. My Martin originally came with medium SP's. It was a concern since the guitar was designed with mediums, but so far so good.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Strings 11 years 9 months ago #6784

Has anyone been watchn America's Got Talent?... the guy who made string instruments out of stuff like shovels and vacuums..?... He has since been voted off but that is talent to learn the do re mi fa so la ti das of tools!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Strings 11 years 9 months ago #6803

I bet a vacuum makes one sucky guitar....just sayin
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Strings 11 years 9 months ago #6805

Tis true. It's amazing how tantalizingly boredom quenching playing with a rubber band harp or silverware orchestras can be (when you're six at least; or if you happen to think like the average six year old, in which case carry on). Now doing it on national television, well...reminds me of one certain act last year...
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds