Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playing out

Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3685

I really enjoyed my first class last week and am looking forward to tonight. I was wondering where does everyone else play when they are not in class, do you go to jam sessions, festivals, open mic's, your studio(well Living Room, but if you have more than 2 instruments hanging on the wall I believe you can call it a studio ).... I've found playing with others, regardless of what's being played is so much more fun than playing at home (even if you tell yourself you're in the "studio"). I started a monthly open Jam a few months ago that we host at the Good Shepherd Church in Tequesta every third friday, and I have a lot of fun playing there. Does anyone else know of any regular open jams that are acoustic friendly?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3714

Some of us from class occasionally get together for a home jam session, usually doing songs from class. They're a lot of fun, but can be tough to organize because of everyone's busy schedules. I'll let you know when we have one coming up. Other than that, I hear that Lucky's bar&grill (Jupiter Farms)has an open jam Sunday afternoons. I've never been to it but I know people who have. Personally I don't think I'm good enough (yet) to get into something like that.:S
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3715

There is a Bluegrass thing at McArther State Park on Singer Island, 3rd Sunday of the month. You can check the Park web site. I've been once but I'm like you, I don't feel well versed enough to play with the group. That's why I'm taking lessons from the Fretmentor, because one day.......B)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by screendude.

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3719

For anyone that is interested we are having our open Jam in Tequesta this friday night... this is very low key and alot of fun... a great place to get your feet wet.

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3728

We'll be out of town....next time...!!!! Don't forget to remind us!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Playing out 13 years 8 months ago #3742

How did it go? I wanted to show up but got distracted....next time.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds