Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PALATKA BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL

PALATKA BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL 13 years 6 months ago #4067

So.....we (Hogpaws and me) finally made it to our first Bluegrass Festival. Got to Palatka Thursday around 12:00 and stayed for all 3 days. As I'm told by Pinky, although not a very large festival it is extremely well organized. What impressed me the most was the talent on the stage! The different groups could really play and play FAST! Also I noticed that the leads were passed quite well and the back up was "simple" so that the lead could "shine"...They also made mistakes...strings broke...but the music kept rolling. I've been to "festivals" before but this one was Entertainment!!! They were having fun and engaging the crowd....so although I'm not a "True Bluegrassette" I'll keep going back....we had a ball...Didn't do any Parking- Lot picking but we did Pick where we were staying with DCone and Pinky....Really was fun!
....Next...Okeechobee KOA Bluegrass Festival in November! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:PALATKA BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL 13 years 6 months ago #4068

This was so much fun, we should make it an annual event! I can't wait til Okeechobee!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:PALATKA BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL 13 years 6 months ago #4073

We had a blast! Learned a lot too....like: (1) all the mando players seemed to position their mando's higher than I do...it keeps their picking arm, often, in perfect alignment with the neck of the mando...which allows them to pick faster, so I shortened my strap to try that out. (2) Worked on timing with Tigerpaws, hogpaws, and pinky53.
Tigerpaws took a picture of me with Rhonda Vincent...heh heh...uh...ahem
Annual event sounds cool to me:P
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds