Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL!

2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4436

Hogpaws and I will be going to the KOA in Okeechobee Bluegrass festival..It's this Saturday and Sunday...we'll be staying in a Kozy Kottage...(geez) :unsure: so if you have nothing to do maybe you can drive out there....it's a 45 minutes drive for us...
There's a few other class members going.....but as I don't have their permission I can' divulge their names :laugh: !
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4452

Tigerpaws, I don't think we can make it, but have FUN!!!! How many instuments are you and hogpaws taking along? ;)
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4460

4????? :blink:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4478

I enjoyed the Swamp Picker's Festival in Okeechobee. The groups were good and gave a good selection of the bluegrass music spectrum. The festival was real laid back, music was in an auditorium and the sound system was great. The company was good, but hope to see more of the Bluegrass Class there next year.

Attended the bass and mandolin workshop. The mandolin workshop was taught by Wayne Benson of 3rd Time Out. Wayne is a great mandolin player (bluegrass, celtic, blues, and jazz). You can hear him on You Tube by himself and with the band. He did a really good job with the hour workshop. He many times stressed the importance of music theory to help in playing any string instrument.

Tigerpaws was trying to bribe me to assure that Wayne Benson's points on the importance of learning theory did not get back to the Fretmentor. However, I oft times live dangerously, so .........
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4488

Sorry i missed this year's festival. Had to go up to Md. I didn't know they had workshops! did you get a chance to do a little jammin?
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:2ND BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4498

Buzzart - I only went for a long day on Saturday and I didn't observe any jamming going on. Either it wasn't a jamming type audience or the jamming was taking place in the RV section of the KOA. Perhaps Tigerpaws/Hogpaws would know since they spent two nights there.

The two workshops (bass and mandolin) were well worth the price of admission. The bands, auditorium and sound system were gravy! Wayne Benson - 3rd Time Out (Mandolin) - was awesome and seems like a real nice fellow.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds