Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SWAMPICKERS BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL!

SWAMPICKERS BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4524

So we finally made it to this festival...if you recall we were detour last year due to my mom's pneumonia. Anyway, it was really fun. Very small....we camped in a Kozy Kottage and spent 2 nights there. Saturday was really fun with Pinky and ckinzel and Kmando and "his better half"...the mandolin workshop was great and the bass workshop was very educational for me (as I knew nothing of the bass...and NO, I will not be picking this baby up...too big for me :laugh: ) Sunday we had friends fly their plane in from Tampa and we brought them to the festival....it was their first one...."she" liked groups where the mandolin took center stage...."he" liked groups where the fiddle took center stage....so maybe in 20 years or so I can satisfy both of them :lol: Anyway, we really enjoyed it and are finding out that we like these type of festivals as they are mainly entertainment...and the performers always include the audience in their performance...I liked Palatka better (after all that's where I got my new guitar)and it was bigger and longer but I think we are hooked! :lol: We did miss Dcone and His Better Half! :( Maybe next time!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SWAMPICKERS BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! 13 years 5 months ago #4571

Palatka is a bigger affair, nationally promoted with a lot of headline acts, but also with lots more people. The Swamp Pickers festival in Okeechobee is a lot smaller, with more local (Florida based) acts, but the music is still good and the small venue is comfortable. I like each for its own purpose. Okeechobee is almost like a local party with an out of town celebrity guest. The bigger festivals give you a chance to see national performing acts you hear on (satellite) radio.

Also, the Okeechobee festival is VERY well organized and run. I hope they have continued success.
  • ckinzel
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds