Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Banjo Mute and practice

Banjo Mute and practice 15 years 6 months ago #204

Wed.Nite some of the folks in class saw my banjo mute. It really works if you want to keep you partner at home happy and prevent your banjo being in the garbage can some late nite. It is so good my wife is in the next room at night sleeping an she can not here me play. It just fits right over the bridge and does no harm to the banjo and is easy to take off with out messing with the strings or tuning. The down side is the silly little thing cost about $30.00 to $34.00 depending on who you buy it from. There are others but require messing with the strings and tuning. I will bring it to class the next time if anyone wants to try it out. Maybe we can get Dave to give a demonstration and try it out in front of the class. (humm..sounds like I have heard the statement before.) :P

Here are the sites where you can read up on them.
www.banjohangout.org/classifieds/detail.asp?cid=3113
  • graypeddler
  • Junior Boarder
Graypeddler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Banjo Mute and practice 15 years 6 months ago #205

Here is the other site www.thebanjomute.com/
  • graypeddler
  • Junior Boarder
Graypeddler

Re:Banjo Mute and practice 15 years 5 months ago #320

Actually, the original is the Fielding Cutler, which I have. I have also tried just about all the other mutes and most of them have been sold on ebay. It looks like Mike's mute is a "knockoff" of the Fielding cutler but it looks really well made and the construction might be a slight improvement. I will have to check it out at the Wednesday class. Either one is definitely the best.
  • brilind

Re:Banjo Mute and practice 15 years 5 months ago #326

You are correct in both cases. I have the Fielding cutler mute and yes the one advertised on Banjo Hangout is a knock off and it cost $5.00 more and it is made out of brass. It was featured in one of the issues of Banjo News Letter.
  • graypeddler
  • Junior Boarder
Graypeddler
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds