Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rock & Blues Class - Week 1

Rock & Blues Class - Week 1 2 months 2 weeks ago #9298

Hello Everyone

We have held our first class of Rock & Blues. Since all students are guitar players, we will focus on Rock and Blues guitar.

In Week #1 we had a general discussion on major scales. This will be addressed in more detail with an emphasis on minor scales, and pentatonic scales in both major and minor.

We discussed the musical alphabet and what a major scale is. I then illustrated how the major scale is used with chord progressions.

I also talked about the I, IV and V in relationship to 12 Bar Blues. The class strummed and counted 12 Bar Blues in one Key.

See the link in this section to download the Tefview program. Once you are authorized for the materials, you will be able to download them from the Library section (See the Store Tab above for the drop down menu). You will sign in and download all the sections under Playing The Blues.

We also learned Riff #1 and used it withing a I, IV, V progression.

Questions:?

What is a major scale?

What is 12 Bar Blues and how is it charted using a numbering syste,

How does the I, IV V relate to blues and rock music?

You should complete all of your scale templates at this time. Next, print out the song "Matchbox Blues" and be prepared to work on this in Week 2

FM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 33
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TonFL

Rock & Blues Class - Week 1 2 months 2 weeks ago #9299

Hi,
When will we be authorized for the material. Also can you direct me to the location of the scale templates?
Thank you,
Anthony
  • TonFL
  • Fresh Boarder
Anthony

Rock & Blues Class - Week 1 2 months 2 weeks ago #9300

Your materials are on the CD that you got in class. if you mean when can you receive the Tef version, I will authorize you shortly via a user name. Not everyone has responded to my request for their User Name.

There are scales on your Blues CD in the guitar section.

FM
B)
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 33
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds