Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL!

MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL! 14 years 3 months ago #2525

In my lesson today I learned that in my group last night I was NOT supposed to have said that it was too slow...I should've played it the way it was counted off and dealt with it afterwards....My response ( evil me) was that had we played it that way we would still be playing it today :laugh: I really understand what he was telling me...that a guitar counts off and everyone else follows....and we don't "interrupt" once the "performance" has started....But I think the big problem here is that my brain is getting full...I have soooo much to remember....where's the delete button so I can get rid of information I no longer need? Then I can continue storing new things....:woohoo: Anyway, my apologies to my group for not following protocol...:blush: Hopefully it won't happen again...(remember, my brain is full!)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL! 14 years 3 months ago #2527

good point! but you have that almighty guitar in your hands! Keep that rhythm strong and loud.

I find that a really strong, solid and loud intro really helps things get started. Especially when another instrument is going to pick up the first lead. It's funny how everything seems to change in those few steps from the practice rooms to the stage.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL! 14 years 2 months ago #2528

Hey, we forgive you! The whole thing is supposed to be a learning experience, right? So, we all learned something. I learned to play the intro louder, as buzzart410 mentions. Even if it is at the "wrong" tempo! :evil:

I also learned that no matter how well I play a break at home or in the practice room, it never comes out that way in the group performance...sigh...
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL! 14 years 2 months ago #2675

Gosh I am sorry I missed this class! Such drama!!!!!!!
I can not imagine any thing any one of us could do that requires forgiving especially TIGER, who I have always found to be kind and encouraging.
" It's fun to have fun but you have to know how!"
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder

Re:MY BRAIN IS GETTING FULL! 14 years 2 months ago #2692

I'm finding that if i go into it not expecting much, i get much, whether it's theory or fun. Of course, there is alot of self-debasement involved. Hey, i'm fully capable of dis-arming myself.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds