Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!

WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2583

I decided that last night was the night to bring my "Mandy" (mandolin) to class. OMG! I really didn't think this one through.....all the old feelings came back to me....the insecurities, the asking myself what was I doing, the wanting to run out of the room....Dave has said to me that the mandolin is like the percussion for Bluegrass....I'm sure that during "our performance" the mandolin wasn't necessary as my heart was beating loud enough to cover whatever "snare drums" were required for the song. But to my amazement I made it through Cabbage....and it was fun! If asked, I would have to say that I'm a guitar player who likes to play the mandolin because it is so much fun.....My heart is and will probably always be with the guitar but for a change of pace the mandolin really adds fun to my practicing....So thanks Dave for pushing me to get one....I'm having a ball with it... :P
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2588

I thought you did really good. I can imagine that would be like starting all over again.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2590

I’m sorry I missed you début. I was home sick. I didn’t want to contaminate the class. I took your suggestion and borrowed a guitar from a friend who has 10 or so. But I haven’t spent much time with it, I’ve been working on the railroad. Oh, I mean the banjo.:lol:
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2593

I have found that since I started the mandolin a lot of the "theory" has come together...Also, since my heart is with the guitar I always start with "Marty" (guitar) and then move to "Mandy"....this way I don't feel guilty :unsure: somehow I always find time for "Mandy" since it's not a "must do", just a "fun do"..:P
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2596

I stayed away from class...as I was sick as well....and didnt want to contaminate but I really missed class...you guys are fun.

Wish I could have heard Sylvia play the mandolin. It is the only instrument I (attempt) to play, but I know she is more advanced than me.

Every class, I learn from, and/or am inspired by someone.
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by dcone.

Re:WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! 14 years 2 months ago #2599

Silvia, in regard to your insecurities, I didn't see it and it didn't show in your playing. Mistakes, bah-humbug, we all make 'em. Your commitment to playing always makes for an enjoyable concert!_! I've always taken playing seriously as you do.,, bottom line, when you play I pay attention. Nerves are fun when you're hav'n fun... and your passion is contageous!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds