Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bluegrass jam

Bluegrass jam 13 years 6 months ago #4133

Went to a blugrass jam this weekend and had a lot of fun. It was an outdoors thing, until the mosquitos got bad, then we moved inside. I was able to join in (after a few drinks) and contribute pretty solidly playing rythm, even though I didn't know many of the songs, but the other musicians were very friendly and let me know what key, and if there were any unusual chords. I looked, but I couldn't find chords posted on any of the nearby trees, so I watched another guitar player for the changes (as per FM), and that worked pretty well. Couldn't do too much in the way of leads (these guys played FAST) but I did pretty good with leads on Wildwood and SaltCreek. All in all, a very good experience.:)
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bluegrass jam 13 years 6 months ago #4135

Where was it? Is it a weekly/monthly thing? So glad it was a good experience....Hope you get to do it again.
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Bluegrass jam 13 years 6 months ago #4151

It was at a private residence of some friends. Unfortunately, its not a real regular thing (it was actually a birthday party) Several people there suggested going to Lucky's saloon in Jupiter Farms for their regular Sunday jam, but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet.
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Bluegrass jam 13 years 6 months ago #4155

speaking of bluegrass jams, I went to a show last night at a friends house on south Flagler drive in Wesr Palm.She hosted The Peter Rowen Bluegrass band.If you havn't heard him I highly recommend giving him a listen.If anyone is interested in future shows at this location get me your Email and I will get you on the list for future shows.They take place in her living room so it is quite cosy with great acoustics.
  • timgivens
  • Senior Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds