Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I DID SURVIVE!!!!!

I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 4 months ago #4724

So, on Friday the 17th I had my recital at JAM (same place where we have our Bluegrass Class) I signed up to go first so that I could get it over with and be able to enjoy everyone else's performance.....that was a good move....because as soon as it started I wanted to run out of the room.....but I was called up and as I'm very obedient... I went up....Thank God for my instructor who accompanied me with her fiddle (I believe she calls hers a Violin ;) ) I played fine but unlike when I play in the Bluegrass class, instead of calming down as I played....I got more nervous....I was certain that the sounds my heart was making were going to mute my playing... but I made it through to the end....I played Liberty and Jingle Bells....and did not puke! :S But I learned that playing alone is a lot tougher than in a group....even if it's a small group....there's comfort in company...
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 4 months ago #4727

Great job - although I wasn't there. Did Hogpaws unkink your neck afterwards with all that tension and the fiddle playing? I imagine you were physically exhausted after the fiddle recital.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 4 months ago #4729

Hey, what about me? I was stressed out just watching her being stressed out! But she did great! We also played a Christmas sing along for her mom's assisted living facility folks, and that turned out to be fun also. Dave should know, the hit of the whole thing was our "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" which he wouldn't let us play for the Christmas party. Her sister put on "old folks" clothes and used a cane to walk by while we played, and her son put on reindeer antlers and literally ran over her knocking her down each time we got to the "run over" part, lots of fun.
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4739

Awesome job, Tigerpaws! I wish I could have been there. You play really well.
I remember my first recital. I played in a group, though. Solos are really nerve racking at first, but once you get used to it, They aren't quite as gut wrenching(not to say that they can't make you nervous sometimes;)).
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......

Re:I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4741

As I said to you in class playing for the older folk is really a good deed. I think you should play all of your instruments in a concert. You are good.
  • Jay
  • Junior Boarder

Re:I DID SURVIVE!!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4743

Thanks Jay, but that would be the shortest concert in history due to my "repertoire" and people leaving in masses :laugh: !
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds