Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Summer getaway

Summer getaway 14 years 10 months ago #1324

Hey folks,
I just sent Dave a e-mail and thought well perhaps I should have sent it this way.
I really enjoyed the first class in Banjo, never thought it would be so challenging, although that is a good thing, wouldn't want to say, aw, that's too dern easy, I ain't doin that thang. Yes I hope to pick up the next class when we return from vacation.
Mountain State Fair in West Virginia, Bluegrass extravaganza, etc. Jake Krak, at ten he could blow anyone away on the fiddle. He learned from the old fiddle players in the hills, not too much, if at all, written music.
My inlaws have a bluegrass group, which I join in on the guitar, there is a Dulcimer, Banjo, Bass. Funny thing of it is, they are all very educated people, PHD's and above. It's alot of fun. Seee you all. Steve
  • swmarlow
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Summer getaway 14 years 10 months ago #1325

Steve, i like how you ended your post..."funny thing is, they're all educated people...." Bluegrass players can't be smart? "Hey, you can't play in this band, you have a 4 year degree".
I'm just poking fun at ya. Sometimes these funny little quirps just jump out at me and beg to be replied to!:laugh:
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Summer getaway 14 years 10 months ago #1327

Interesting point!... Maybe i can apply for a goverment grant to study the education level of BG players, or the social stigma associated with BG music!
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds