Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Carolina Chocolate Drops

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 13 years 1 week ago #5269

FYI - My sources have confirmed that the Culture Club is small with no seats. However, to see the Chocolate Drops may be worth some amount of suffering eventhough I'll be seeing them (and the Kruger Bros. and Doc Watson) in July at Sugar Grove. Pinky - you're right it is the Short Straw Pickers that are also playing -I'd like to hear them also.

By the way, Justin is no longer with the Chocolate Drops.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 13 years 6 days ago #5270

I hope you have a great time. I will share with you my last few experiences at the Culture Room.

I got to stand shoulder to shoulder, virtually unable to move, for three and a half hours with a huge mass of people whose mission in life is to go out on the weekends and get as falling down drunk as possible and don't really care what band is playing-they don't listen anyway, just scream and make unintelligible noises. There is always one guy trying to use me as a wall to hold him up since he's too drunk to stand up on his own. My wife is assigned one of these, too, by the management, I guess. One time the guy that did that to me "mysteriously" flew across the crowd and collapsed in a heap on the floor. He couldn't stand up on his own. His buddies dragged him outside. I have no idea who pushed him ;-).....maybe.

Then there's the toothless old guy you have to pay to use the tiny and very unsanitary rest room, if you can push through the crowd to get there.

I love live music in almost any venue. However I'm way too old and cranky for that place. Ugh. Maybe the drunks will stay home when you go. Maybe not.

Sitting in a church chapel seeing the Kruger Brothers last month is more my speed.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 13 years 6 days ago by edbird.

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 13 years 6 days ago #5271

Standing in a drunken crowd sounds like fun to me......but I would NEVER in a million years miss a FRETMENTOR class on Wednesday night!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 12 years 11 months ago #5350

The Carolina Chocolate Drops were FANTASTIC!!!! There were not a lot of seats at this particular venue, but I sat all night with no trouble. There were no drunks, or people shouting. Just a group of people enjoying the music. Jubal's Kin and The Short Straw Pickers just added to the enjoyment of the night.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 12 years 11 months ago #5357

That is great to hear!! A good crowd is important. I have yet to see one at that place.

Thanks for reporting back!

edbird
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:The Carolina Chocolate Drops 12 years 11 months ago #5362

Thanks for the review Pinky57. Glad you had a great time. How were the Chocolate Drops without Justin? How many others are now with Dom and Rianna?
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds