Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RECITAL!

RECITAL! 12 years 1 week ago #6661

Getting ready for our performance in Stuart in an hour....the Suzuki School end of year Concert....and I'm not nervous....not a good sign, I think :P . Godbless and I will be performing in the "orchestra"...she doing a much better job than me...:woohoo:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RECITAL! 12 years 1 week ago #6665

Not so my friend.:) Your doing awesome!!! I think that it went really well. But, one of the songs we played was a fiddle song.:cheer: It's always interesting to play fiddle music with an orchestra. We played with the beginners group and then with the more advanced group, and the song we did was "Fiddler's Fantasy" (a medley of Soldiers Joy and Boil 'em Cabbage). They played it SOOOOO slow. It was fun, and it sounded great, but...it was again, soooooo slow.

It's even more interesting to watch a professional orchestra fiddle. They're all always a little stiff, and seem kind of afraid. They don't know that it's okay to smile while you play.:)

It was fun doing the "play down." See, in Suzuki, all the kids learn the same songs. At concerts, you start with the most advanced kids, and keep adding on, adding the less and less advanced students, til you get to the beginning class, or the "twinklers." The last song is always Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's really cool, cuz you have these teenagers who have been playing for 5-6+ years standing next to little 3 year olds who have just started, and they're all playing the same song. And it always sounds good, cuz the teenagers and adults with big violins always make a big enough sound to drown out the little ones with little violins.:)

P.S. Fun fact: little violins will actually bounce when dropped. I believe it's servival instinct.;) (Don't try this at home:))
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 12 years 1 week ago by God bless the USA!.

Re:RECITAL! 12 years 1 week ago #6668

WOW Julia, maybe I'm not such a "newbie" because I too felt we were doing "Fiddler's Fantasy" sooooo slow.... but it helped that I knew the tune from FM's classes.
However, Tchaikovsky (never learned how to spell it :blush: ) and Mozart were certainly a challenge for me.....but I kept up. It helped to have you next to me so I could hear the melody....
I had fun....AND afterwards Hogpaws and I stopped at Cracker Barrell....what more could I ask for??? Music and FOOD! :woohoo:
Pretty good Sunday :P .
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:RECITAL! 12 years 1 week ago #6670

Amen to that!!!:) Only I got to go hang with 5 year olds afterwards and have pizza, sooo....;)

Same here with the Mozart and Tchaikovsky. Even though I've heard them my entire life, I'd never played the 2nd part before (I ended up switching to 1st since that was the section I realized that I was standing in. Oops!!!:S) And I actually got to play my very first pentatonic scale!!! In a classical song that is.

Amen!!! A pretty good Sunday indeed!!!!!!!:D
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 12 years 5 days ago by God bless the USA!.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds