Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GRAND OLE TIME!

GRAND OLE TIME! 11 years 10 months ago #6752

As most of you know I had my reunion with the teachers I taught with in Germany this past week. We meet somewhere in the USA every 2 years and have a ball. This year we met in Nashville during "Fanfare" or as it is known now: Country Music Festival. There was so much to do and see that my brain was in overdrive. We averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night and we are no longer young chicks! The Ryman Theater was awesome, the Hall of Fame had so much in it....from cars to instruments to outfits...it would take an entire day to do one floor. We did the Boatshow and that was truly fun....we were even asked to join them on stage, (which we did not hesitate to do and I have the video to prove it!)....the musicians were so good, they could sing dance and play instruments. Guess in Nashville you have to be good or you don't get a gig as there are sooooo many good talents....even the Honky Tonks had fabulous players and singers. My favorite event was "The Grand Ole Opry". I felt like I went back in time. With the commentator doing the radio announcements and the atmosphere it was as if I were watching it on TV back in Louisiana (many years ago :P ) Mel Tillis and Charlie Pride were the main act (and Charlie Pride sings "our song" (Hogpaws and me) so that was really a treat, but the act that really threw me was a young new musician, Canaan Smith....you need to YouTube him....he was also on "The Amazing Race 15"....loved his voice and his playing....
It was an awesome trip.....Hey, maybe there's a field trip somewhere here for the Bluegrass Class ;) ?
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:GRAND OLE TIME! 11 years 10 months ago #6755

Sounds like an absoulute blast! When in Nashville...B)

Didn't we already settle on Cuba??:huh: It was unanumous, was it not?? You bring the plantains...;)

All joking aside, It would be awesome to go on a feild trip or two. Maybe ounce a session, or something?? See? That festival finder on the Fretmentor app is coming in handy already.:)

Now, about that video....B)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......

Re:GRAND OLE TIME! 11 years 10 months ago #6757

No, Cuba wasn't agreed upon......I'm not giving Castro :angry: any of my money :P . As for the video, it's in a vault....away from anyone that could use it against me.... :lol: . And I too am for Field Trips.....maybe we could just go and perform at Senior Citizen Facilities or something like that....huh? huh? :huh: FM???? You listening??? :side:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:GRAND OLE TIME! 11 years 10 months ago #6760

Who says we'd have to pay?? Nobody said we'd have to get there legally.....perhaps I'd best leave it at that.B)

:evil:Why, what evil person would EVER even think to do such a thing *gasp*.....:whistle:

There are a couple of nice places around town that we could go to. There's a place on Thelma Ave off of Center Street called Courtyard Gardens, and then there's also a place called St. Joseph's on the road behind Wal-mart. And the strings group already has a contact there at St. Joseph's.

P.S. Isn't he always listening??;)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 11 years 10 months ago by God bless the USA!.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds