Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "BEYOND THE STAGE" AT THE KRAVIS!

"BEYOND THE STAGE" AT THE KRAVIS! 11 years 4 weeks ago #7236

Last night the Lighthouse Suzuki Strings from the Jupiter Academy of Music (JAM where we have our Bluegrass class) did a Salute to Gershwin at the Kravis. We played Rhapsody in Blue, Summertime and I Got Plenty of Nothing. Never thought I'd be doing this.....It was sooooooo much fun! No stress for me as it was a group thing (I'm sure Godbless felt a little different as she had the solo part in one of the pieces :) and I may add she did a great job, Hogpaws recorded it). But for me it was another new "musical experience"! Our intention was to go to class afterwards but we finished later that expected so we had to skip last night's class. However, I really enjoyed what I did instead....;)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:"BEYOND THE STAGE" AT THE KRAVIS! 11 years 3 weeks ago #7237

Amen to that!! :) I'm not so sure on the no stress part for me as I was stuck right in front of the microphone, :blush: but rarely does anything stress me out. ;)
The orchestra sounded really good, and the singer and piano students that also performed were awesome as well.
Every year (this was my third or fourth), though, the time in the holding room gets more and more interesting. (Disclaimer: holding room, not holding cell, though it may occasionally seem thus)
Last year the room was full of crazy teenagers and mild mannered adults, this year it was full of mild mannered teenagers and children and crazy adults! (I leave it to you to choose which category I'm in) B)
Over all a grand old time!! And an awesome job by all. :cheer:

"I've got rhythm,
I've got music,
I've got my Man,
Who could ask for anything more?
Who could ask for anything more?"
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by God bless the USA!.

Re:"BEYOND THE STAGE" AT THE KRAVIS! 11 years 3 weeks ago #7241

You have a man?????? Does your mom know??????
And I resent/resemble the crazy adults......You didn't like me playing Orange Blossom Special?????:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: My favorite tune to play on the fiddle....ooops, sorry, "violin".....;)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:"BEYOND THE STAGE" AT THE KRAVIS! 11 years 3 weeks ago #7242

No I most certainly do not have one of those!!!!! :angry: Notice "Man" is capital, thusly denoting the man ^^ up there, if you catch my drift. Most guys my age don't meet my requirements: A. Godly character, B. College degree, C. Full time job. (Six-pack optional B))

Why, what makes you think I was zeroing in on you?? :whistle: You do play Orange Blossom real well. :) I keep messing with the rhythm for whatever reason. My cantankerousness I suppose. ;)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by God bless the USA!.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds