Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kruger Brothers Concert

Kruger Brothers Concert 14 years 11 months ago #896

Well if you missed this concert, you missed alot.

The first half was from their repetoire including sympohonic tunes. Every note written down. The Tonal range of Jens is amazing. He plays mostly way up near the neck with his right hand to get a very full pure tone. Alot of his rolls sound like Bach fugeues or inventions. Uwe's flat picking guitar is superb and Joels bass just brings everything together.

The second half was pure jaming with Bobby Hicks on the fiddle. Bobby is 74 and his playing is crisp and intonation, perfect. A real treat

On banjo, Jens may not be the best but I sure don't know anyone who is better.

Next April they will be playing with the Punta Gorda Sympony in Charlotte County. Should be amazing.
  • brilind
Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by brilind.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Kruger Brothers Concert 14 years 11 months ago #905

..So...are the Kruger Brothers Bluegrass or Folk? I watched "Choices" posted on the home page and it sounded like the folk music played at Hootenannys in the late 60's in Louisiana. I think the rule is: to be Bluegrass it must have a Banjo, but not all Banjo music is Bluegrass, right :huh: So, what are they? By the way, I liked it!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Kruger Brothers Concert 14 years 11 months ago #907

Hard to pidgeon hole them. They play regularly at Merlfest and other bluegrass venues. Their music goes from Bluegrass to classical to jazz to country, sometimes blues to everything in between.
  • brilind
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds