Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DO RE MI C D E ????

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1614

THANK YOU Brian!!!! I was beginning to think I was crazy....at least you "understand" what I was talking about...(or so I think). Somehow I knew you would be the one to give me a "reason"...for this....Thank you, Danke, Gracias, Merci, Arrigato.... :kiss: Sam, on the remark that I was beginning to think I was crazy.....no comment from you :woohoo:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1615

My pleasure.
  • brilind

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1616

Sylvia, you need to dig up a karma for Brian....that was a whole page of info. By the way, how did you go off on such a tangent? You doing world music studies? How doe this apply to Old Joe Clark or Arkansas Traveler?
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1618

I take lessons from Dave and each time he goes into what I call "the grammar aspect of music" (theory) I go crazy. I started taking piano in kidergarten, (in Cuba) and the teacher always referred to the notes as do re mi fa so la ti do....then I get to Louisiana and my new teacher a sister/nun started with cdefgab...I figured it was just a translation problem...and pretty much tuned her out...after all I was a kid so I knew it all ;) . Now I wish I had been a little bit more attentive in those classes...I always practiced my pieces...but the theory aspect....Greek to me!! :blush: But I've always wondered why the difference, as the cuban piano and the Louisianan piano looked exactly alike.... does that explain my "madness"????:woohoo: and yes, thanks, I will give Brian his so well deserved "karma"!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1622

Thanks for the Karma. I also took piano as a kid and the amazing thing was that I took lessons twice a week in a music conservatory where once a week I was in a special theory class. I remember one of my teachers was studying conducting at the Eastman School of music and he would bring in a different instrument each week, play it and talk about the history of it. I also remember lots of homework and exercises on staff paper. I wish I had paid more attentios. Sometimes education is wasted on the young.
  • brilind

Re:DO RE MI C D E ???? 14 years 8 months ago #1629

Ok...now i'm alot less confused. Between Brian's research, and Silvia's experience in another country, i totally understand the question. I cans see why the confusion...ok, now back to Arkansas Traveler...
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds