Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lead in technique

Lead in technique 13 years 10 months ago #3415

I really enjoy this lead in technique fretmentor taught at the last bluegrass class. I was sitting next to george, and this is a playing style he uses, and i always liked hearing it. adds alot of embellishment to chord changes. Helps to know the scales though so you can harmonize those ascending/descending notes.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lead in technique 13 years 10 months ago #3423

I like the technique as well. It will take me a while before I am comfortable with it, but practice, practice, practice is my mantra. I also liked the hammer on technique for the G chord that Fretmentor showed us. I've been noodling around with something similar on the C chord but I have not perfected it yet.

Re:Lead in technique 13 years 10 months ago #3426

I'm sorry I missed last week. It sounds like it was a worthwhile class. Lead-ins and working out the timing of when I actually take a lead are two things I have alot of problems with. I guess I'll get a crash course on it in this week's bluegrass class.

Re:Lead in technique 13 years 10 months ago #3431

Andrew Baumann,it was a very good class. This is the kind of tech i like, fretmentor discussed lead ins, which are notes played while making chord changes--like walking into a chord change--Like when changing from G to C, you would play (with hard attack) bass/bass, then a suitable 2 or 3 note walk up to C. He also discussed tag licks to end a song, and a hammer-on embellishment when strumming rhythm. He even assigned homework---develope and tab out a suitable tag lick for the key you're playing in. It was very cool.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds