Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glacial Speed

Glacial Speed 14 years 7 months ago #1702

Learning music seems to be like paint drying and the movement of glaciars. Hard to see unless you think back.

I'm trying to be patient and hope for global warming. Maybe that will speed up my progress.
  • brilind
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Glacial Speed 14 years 7 months ago #1703

I'm waiting for global healthcare... i 'll really need it by the time i see improvements.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Glacial Speed 14 years 7 months ago #1714

You guys make me laugh. Here's a way to look at it. You are employed by your instrument to play it. As long as you play it every day, you remain employed!:side: Do scales:woohoo:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Glacial Speed 14 years 7 months ago #1731

It's fun to play, whether it's scales, or strumming chords. Gotta get good somehow!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Glacial Speed 14 years 7 months ago #1741

I hope you don't end up having a Melt Down...ha, ha. It's hard to have patience, and it's hard to see improvement....but I definitedly see where all of those who started way back when, have made improvements. I have to stop and realize how much I've learned to do on the guitar compared to when I started and basically knew zilch!!! (How's that for a word?) Now I know some chords and scales, I can read tablature, I can play some simple leads and am learning more complex ones, my fingers have stretched even though I always complain that I can reach certain notes when I play, I can understand more of what Dave is saying about theory (although it's still very Greek to me), I can make chord changes faster than before, I'm getting more of a feel for rhythm.....and, last but not least....I can play with others, attempt to take the lead, and even sometimes pickup after I mess up. I could go on, but I think the point is that compared to what I began with I now know alot even though it's really only a miniscule amount of what there is to learn about playing guitar.
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds