Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recording your practice

Recording your practice 14 years 6 months ago #1911

Dave's latest blog on recording performances inspired me to do just that. I mentioned to my wife that i needed a small, handy recorder. She produced for me a Samsung recorder. It has 5 file storage capability, and within each of those, up to 20 separate files can be stored, of i believe 20 min. each. I will never need that much storage, but being able to hear myself from a 3rd person perspective is valuable. It has 2 micro jacks, 1 for headphones, 1 for an external mic, and the internal condenser mic. The audio input level can also be adjusted. Very handy, and fits well in the guitar case.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recording your practice 14 years 6 months ago #1917

...so, have you used it yet???? How did you do???? :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Recording your practice 14 years 6 months ago #1947

Listening to myself play music is like listening to my voice on tape...it sounds goofy...takes some getting used to, but i can hear certain things on the playback, like a muted note, or a stumble on a chord change. I noticed my playing got cleaner the more i used it, trying to fix mistakes.
It's fun, and adds another dimension to playing. An external microphone, and a room with less reverb would give better quality. I have hardwood floors in my house, with vaulted ceilings, so the sound bounces around alittle. I'm surprised how sensitive the internal condenser mic is.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Recording your practice 14 years 6 months ago #1948

Please bring it to class so we can see it...
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Recording your practice 14 years 5 months ago #2050

Hello all

I have an Edirol R-09 (made by Roland) that is about the size of an electric razor. It actually looks like one!

I bought it a couple of years ago to record a weekend instructional session that I attended out of state. It has built in mikes and uses SD cards and can make MP3 or other format files. It works great, the sound quality is breathtaking. I use it sometimes to record practice (playback is too depressing) and my wife uses it sometimes to record her piano practices. The newest version has a remote which would be very handy.

I can bring it to class if you want to see it.

Ed
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds