Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lessons are everywhere

Lessons are everywhere 14 years 1 month ago #2592

While I was home sick this week, I didn’t feel much like practicing the banjo. While I was resting on the couch, watching T.V. the history channel was showing a program called “The States” This episode was on Mississippi. (I can spell that thanks to a lady just like Tigerpaws):P Any way, they interviewed one of Mississippi’s favorite sons Mr. B.B. King. He told the story of how the preacher at his church had a guitar and showed B.B. how to play 3 chords, “1, 4, 5 and I still play them today” he said. I started practicing right after that.;)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lessons are everywhere 14 years 1 month ago #2594

It's amazing to me how we come about to doing things...I picked up the mandolin because it was my sister in law's favorite instrument...and Dave encouraged me to try it...I used to think it was a fancy ukulele or an ukulele on steroids (as I told Kmando) Now, playing it is one of my most favorite things to do....I find it fun and it keeps my sister in law, who lost her battle to cancer, close to my heart! By the way...this lady, just like me... was she short or a school teacher :laugh: ?
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds