Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another idea on Practice

Another idea on Practice 13 years 11 months ago #3200

I came across a suggestion for practicing that made sense to me. Essentially when you get to a measure/section that you ar having problems with practice that measure/section until you have it mastered and then instead of starting from the begining, work on the few notes before that section and a few notes after and continue adding notes before and after. It seems like a good idea to help the transition into the section you are trying to perfect. Maybe it will work for you.
  • brilind
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Another idea on Practice 13 years 11 months ago #3203

Yes---I agree----I've used this technique with good results. Sometimes I'll repeat a problem area 40 or 50 times (starting out real slow -- the Uwe Kruger 3-second way) to pound it into my brain, then start adding notes on either end until I can play thru without stumbling. (well, without stumbling too badly, anyway)
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Re:Another idea on Practice 13 years 11 months ago #3204

Thats a good tip brilind, thanks.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Another idea on Practice 13 years 11 months ago #3221

I learned I'll fly away by repetition. A lot of repetition. Still going over and over it. Just need to learn the chord changes and the back up techniques instead of just the melody line.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay

Re:Another idea on Practice 13 years 11 months ago #3240

I agree. I practice parts of songs I am trying to learn all the time. I also try to go as slow as I can at first until I get the melody right without errors. Similar to what Uwe suggested. The problem I always had with doing an entire song that I am not familiar with was that I would get lost in the details of the melody, lose my place, and get frustrated pretty easily. This way has given me some improvement.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds