Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Don't under estimate practice

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 11 months ago #3294

Get another guitar for downstairs. Simple!

Of course you end up eventually with instruments everywhere. (we have three pianos)
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 11 months ago #3295

edbird: I think that's a great idea, but not sure my bank account would agree right now. :)

Because I didn't want to be away from practice too long, I bought another guitar to stash at my Mom's house in Virginia when I'm visiting. She's been sick so I was spending a lot of time there (she's better now but I still plan to be visiting often). Usually I'm there for like a week pr more at a time and I did not want to contemplate spending that long without practicing. And buying an airline-proof case was going to cost more than a relatively decent inexpensive guitar. So I bought an Epiphone and I really like it although I only play it occasionally.

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 11 months ago #3296

Ispencerini...that's pretty much what we did...we turned our living room into the "music room"...it helped that the piano was there already....but with all the instruments in one place and in the room that we have to walk through to get anywhere in the house it really does make for better "practice time"...and when Hogpaws is in the house (not often) and he sees me practicing, he tends to grab his guitar or banjo too. Try it....you can always change it back ... if you don't like it... ;)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 10 months ago #3304

Uh oh... Does this mean I'll need to get another fiddle to keep in Chicago? I did notice that my fiddle got WAY out of tune during travel..I even broke a string trying to tune it! Hope to be back in class in June....I've been practicing that bumblebee song...PRACTICE=IMPROVEMENT!

I'm sure I just jinxed myself!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 9 months ago #3512

Attention EVERYBODY! It's simple. Play your instrument. If you are enjoying getting together every wednesday and seeing what happens, fine. But, if you want to make a difference every wednesday, play every day towards a goal. Let's keep the beginnings and ends in mind. How are we going to start and end our song next week? I'm learning to become a little "rubbery" or "bouncy" with my practices so I can apply those scales and leads to a practical use. Today I followed the dog around the house while playing "Soldiers Joy". Although she was not happy with that, I did overcome a glitch in my picking in doing so. For what ever this is worth, keep playing and, find reasons to entertain your household. This post should also be in "practicing in different places". I'm not happy with me making stupid mistakes but, I am happy with not making the same mistakes. :)
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Don't under estimate practice 13 years 9 months ago #3513

George, you are a riot. My dog runs from my practice.

This morning while everyone was out (I'm nursing a torn muscle/tendon in my calf from tennis so I'm not doing much else) I spent about an hour and a half playing my bass guitar to a few Motown songs (using a CD/book).

Talk about groove practice....you have to really have your rhythms working to play these songs well and learn to flow with the song as it progresses. Great practice. Helps my guitar playing too.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds