In class #5, we continued with the discussion on the Circle of 5ths
I explained how to make a Major Scale and the Minor Scale, first using the manual method with the pattern and then by using the Circle of 5ths
I diagrammed the common notes and the minor and major secondary notes on the circle. I also demonstrated on the instruments how to play a common box and the major and minor scales. We also briefly disccused the pentatonic scales.
Here are some questions (maybe one of you can take the time to respond with answers for the benefit of others in the group)
1. What is the pattern for a Major Scale
2. How do you use the circle to determine both the Major scale?
3. What is the only major scale that does not have a sharp or a flat in it?
4. What major scale uses all of the sharp and flats in the musical alphabet?
5. What do we mean by common notes and secondary notes?
6. What notes are next to each other in the major scale and in the minor scale?
7. How many notes are in the pentatonic scales?
See you next week.