Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Puzzled with Tabs and String and Root Key

Puzzled with Tabs and String and Root Key 7 years 8 months ago #8762

I am confused with reading the tabs and applying to the fret board the Movable Closed Scale Minor Pentatonic Scales by Form for Guitar.

Although the class material shows each of the minor pentatonic scales starting on the E string (different frets), each Key states the Root note on a different string...i.e., 6th String Root E, 5th String Root A, 4th String Root D, 5th String Root C, however all start on the E string and all have 11 or more notes.

Major and Manor scales have 8 notes and Major Pentatonic and Minor Pentatonic scales have 6 notes, but the Movable Scales all have 11 or more notes.

I'm lost and obviously still struggling with the basics! Any help is appreciated. I'll bring the tab sheets to blues class this week for further instruction, meanwhile I'll keep working on it and hopefully a light bulb will go off and things will start to make sense.
  • Tony R
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Tony R. Reason: spelling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Puzzled with Tabs and String and Root Key 7 years 8 months ago #8763

Pentatonic scales are 5 notes scales. The examples in the blues materials plays through all strings and beyond a one octave scale. Understand where your root notes (target notes) are and play vertically or horizontally using all strings.

FM
B)
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds