Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mandolin Picks

Re:Mandolin Picks 14 years 9 months ago #1382

I didn't know there was a difference between mando and guitar picks. I have about 50 different picks, from a .5 to a 2.0. Some are rather pointy and some are more round.I like (right now) anything from a 1.0 to a 1.4. Different songs sometimes require different picks. Tonight I am going to try a Blue Chip pick. Many of the professionals here are recommending them. One guy said he'd been using the same one for years. My issue is that they are kind of boring looking. :laugh: We aren't fishing, but we,re sure getting sunburned!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mandolin Picks 14 years 9 months ago #1385

Where are you???????
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Mandolin Picks 14 years 9 months ago #1394

I bought the Blue Chip pick. It makes the smoothest tremelo ever.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Mandolin Picks 14 years 9 months ago #1412

Well...after all this Pick conversation..I was starting to feel a bit confused. In class, I gave Gerry a Dawg pick (mandolin pick)and Gerry gave me a very thin pick. I have been trying both and I see what he means...its easier to strum with the thinner pick...but doesnt sound as rich, so in my last lesson with David, I asked him what he thought, and of course he has seen our various comments. He said that it is definitely personal preference...AND....when he was not as good at the mandolin he used the thinner picks to play...BUT after he got good...he preferred the thicker Mando pick. And everytime he tried using a thinner pick on the mando, he would go back to the thicker pick. BUT he would never use a Mando pick for a Guitar....hmmmmm.....starting to feel a little bit pick challenged...heh heh...uh...ahem...:huh:
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds