I had considered not attending last weeks
class. I had practiced during the week but
was discouraged in my performance. I did
attend and played a song I had not practiced
at all. I was hesitant but played along as best
I could. After our group performance a fellow
Mandolin player took the time to say how
well I played. It was so appreciated to get a boost
of encouragement especially from a peer.
Thank you very much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Group 14 years 8 months ago #1523

Hey Bobby (Bluegrass Fiddler) -

Don't ever think or talk of giving up. You are doing just fine. There will be some days that you play better than others. Think of music as a challenge with great rewards.

See you Wednesday.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:Group 14 years 8 months ago #1524

I am guilty of not giving enough encouragement to others in the class. While listening I have had the impression that someones playing has more confidence, better chops, etc. and then I forgot to tell share my observations with the person. I am not talking about false praise.

Music is sometimes so hard that we can all use some kudos. If you're like me you're your worst critique.

Will try to make it a point to share more.
  • brilind

Re:Group 14 years 8 months ago #1532

My visiting niece thought we were awesome as a group. She couldn't believe that everyone "tried" to play... She was so impressed that she has picked up the guitar. My nephews who attended the previous week also got hooked...one with the guitar the other one with the banjo...so you see, we may sound awful to ourselves, but others appreciate that some kind of music is coming out. So keep plucking...or picking....every week, if we keep practicing we WILL get better. If only we didn't have so much self-doubt :lol:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Group 14 years 8 months ago #1674

Good stuff guys. I'm enjoying the personal growth with you guys as well as the musical growth. Personally I don't have a problem with my confidence. I have a problem with playing (my mistakes) too loud. I'm not playing at my level of which I believe I can play (almost mistake free). Instead I miss a note or 'miss a chord change and and then the mental starts happening. I know I can play better than I'm playing but, Ive never had such a good time going through it. Not to mention all the dedicated musicians there to support me.
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds