Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mandolin-banjo

Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2224

I got my new mandolin-banjo today! It is so cool! If the neighbors couldn't hear me practice before, they will now, this thing is LOUD!!!!!! Way cool.:P
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2225

Which group do you fall under with that thing?
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2227

I'm going to stick with the mandolin group, the banjo is too complicated for me.:lol:
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2228

Oh Boy! There's 3 of us now....we can have a "trio"...okay, I better rephrase that....there WILL be three of us....as I know what I'm getting for Christmas! As I said before....Kmando started it, it's his fault!....Buzzart, it plays like a mandolin but it's loud like a banjo...so we'll stick with the mando group :P but we'll try to drown out the banjos :laugh:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2243

We may have to get Dave to set up a whole new class strictly for Banjo-Mandolin now that we have 3 converts. He may also want to put out a new instructional CD "Christmas Music and Ragtime of the 1920s and 1930s for Banjo- Mandolin". It's such a "classy" instrument and I understand that "The Chick" will soon be playing one. It's also considerably smaller and lighter than a regular 5-string banjo. In other words you don't need chiropractic help after carrying it around or playing it.

Anyhow, for your enjoyment checkout Dennis Pash playing an old "Vega -Little Wonder" on YouTube. He plays mostly Ragtime (Scott Joplin) sometimes with Meredith Axelrod and sometimes with other groups. Really cool especially if you like Ragtime.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:Mandolin-banjo 14 years 4 months ago #2246

Mine is almost as heavy as a regular banjo, the resonator part is the size of a regular banjo. The neck is shorter, but that's about it. I will try to put a picture up as soon as I figure out how. Lots of chrome.:laugh:
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds