Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Capo, who knew?

Capo, who knew? 14 years 4 days ago #3041

While practicing a new song that was written in C, it just didn't sound good. I found the same song written in D, but it was much harder to play. My brilliant husband reminded me if I put the capo on the 2nd fret, I could play the song in D with the simpler C fingerings. Way cool!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Capo, who knew? 13 years 6 months ago #3982

pinky57, way cool?!!! I'm not a mandy player but, play baby play!!! did you build on(meaning understand and gel w/ it) that revelation that by capoing you could use the same hand positioning progressions and be in a different key? !Yes!
that's coolB)
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by george.

Re:Capo, who knew? 13 years 3 months ago #4761

I figure I should at least get credit for the post, since I solved the problem...
  • ckinzel

Re:Capo, who knew? 13 years 3 months ago #4791

ckinzel - It is noted and you can take credit for solving the problem - a good application of the use of "our friend the capo".

However, I find that with the mandolin, a capo is not always my friend. Have you ever seen a mandolin player in a bluegrass group (with banjo and guitar capoed)using a capo?

Using a capo on a mandolin (even two frets up)seriously bothers by left hand and limits the ease of playing some chords on the already cramped fretboard. Using four finger chords (bluegrass chords) is the answer. You won't have any open strings, but once you've made the chords most of the melody notes are "in the chord".
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds