Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE.....

TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE..... 13 years 11 months ago #3170

Last night's best peforming group (in my opinion :blush: ) was the "Newybies plus Brilind)!!! Now, they had time to "rehearse" whereas the rest of us did not....so I'm thinking that getting together for a "performance" even if for just a few minutes makes for a better showing....the group gets to know who can do what...and they feel more comfortable with each other....not to mention....they get to go through the song a few times before actual show time. So you are probably thinking that I would prefer to rehearse first....right? :blink: WRONG! A lot more is expected of us if time was given to "practice" so I'm totally happy with doing the impromptu thing ... and one day I'll be able to play my lead without errors even if I didn't have time to "rehearse" :P But KUDOS to the "NEWBIES PLUS BRIAN" you really sounded great! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE..... 13 years 11 months ago #3171

Thanks Tigerpaws you are too kind!!!

What I love about this class is that people spend a lifetime clearing their minds, practicing meditation and the like. The highest level of Zen meditation is have essentially 0 thoughts.

I seem to be able to turn on this lofty goal whenever asked to play in front of the group.
  • brilind

Re:TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE..... 13 years 11 months ago #3172

AGREED impromptu is the way to go
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder

Re:TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE..... 13 years 11 months ago #3181

I agree as well. Impromptu is a good way to go. But I also liked it when we went off to the rooms to practice with a group that we did not ultimately play with later. I felt like the smallness of the group helped me feel more confident and was good for practice, even if we weren't practicing songs we did that night. It was also fun to hear others play in a more intimate setting.

Re:TO REHEARSE OR NOT TO REHEARSE..... 13 years 9 months ago #3614

That explains that happy look you get when you play!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds