Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: warm up sessions

warm up sessions 13 years 11 months ago #3360

I think the idea of a brief review of the songs prior to performing will have a positive effect on the group .I feel that is difficult to jump right into a song without having the time to make sure everyone is in tune and on the same page.Looking forward to sounding a bit better.
  • timgivens
  • Senior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:warm up sessions 13 years 9 months ago #3527

Agreed. A brief summary would get our brains wrapped around it beforehand. In addition to these warm up sessions or pre-class jams with Fretmentor leading the way, I would pick up on these new songs a lot faster if the basic outline or chord structure were jotted down on the board in front of us so the tricky parts and turn-arounds would be there for us to see. Especially concerning unusual chord patterns.
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:warm up sessions 13 years 9 months ago #3534

In my opinion the difficulty of just "jumping in" is the point." Feeling your way finding the chords is great practice and really helps with the ear training. It's nice to at least be able to pick up the chords on the fly. It takes practice.

I like the format of first trying and then after we have given it the good old college try tell us what the answer (progression) is.

It always seems that learning and anxiety go hand in hand.
  • brilind

Re:warm up sessions 13 years 9 months ago #3536

I'm all for jumping in in the opening session. But I'd like to see the opening session include some of the 13 songs we've been practicing (like it used to)with Fretmentor leading so that we can pick up some instructional tips on those songs too.

Re:warm up sessions 13 years 9 months ago #3538

I have to agree with Brilind. The ear practice is a good thing. I feel like my ear is getting better at picking up chord changes and anticipating them. Some day I'll be able to know what chord I am hearing
I love that George keeps trying though!!!
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds